First Friend- Newcomer Connection Program
You sell your company. We sell the community.
The La Crosse Area
The La Crosse Area is a thriving community with a vibrant and unique story, featuring an energetic downtown, scenic surrounding, and rich history.
It also has companies in highly-competitive industries. These companies need to attract the best candidates possible in order for the community to grow. When our local companies continue to invest in attracting talent, we as a community will continue to create a better quality of life.
Through our Newcomer Connection Program, our concierge acts as a first to your potential candidate. She brings a personal touch to simplifying the moving process by communicating, coordinating, researching, and answering questions specific to your candidate or new hire and his/her family.
- Child Care
- Community Involvement
She understands the loss a family deals with when relocating to a new community. As a result, she drives to deliver service in a family-friendly manner while sharing personal stories of her own.
Because our concierge is knowledgeable, experienced, and dedication to serving candidates who are relocating, our approach saves you both money and time. Whether it be a typical employee, manager, or executive, our program also helps with lower turnover and better employee satisfaction.
Our services are the difference between you hiring your first or third choice candidate.
Meet the Concierge
First Friend Concierge
608.784.4880 x 7
First Friend does what you cannot.
Ask Personal Questions
We will ask the questions companies legally cannot (marital status, children, religion, etc.). These help us understand the needs of all moving to the area, allowing us to connect them to our community assets early in the job screening process.
Accompanying Partner Focus
Whether they work outside the home or want to get the children connected, the people your recruit brings with them often are the deciding factor. We factor them into the process and will blast their resume out to our Chamber members (a win-win as they need employees as well).
People have a hierarchy of needs once they move to town – food, safety, and a sense of belonging. Connecting with what they love to do and finding friends are vital to keeping your talent in greater La Crosse. We help get them connected to the web of services the Chamber interacts with daily.
Menu of Services
Each of the below is offered as a stand-alone product. Combine multiple products to create a one-time or full year of services.
Look & See Tour (Individual= 2.5 hours)
- Initial needs/interest assessment
- Customized community tour
- Post-tour follow-ups / assessment
Look & See Tour (Family= 3.5 hours)
- Includes Look & See Tour -i.e. needs/interest assessment, conversation, tour, follow-ups
- Plus an additional 1-2 school tours
Accompanying Partner Career Services
- The First Friend Concierge connects with the accompanying partner to assess their most desired position, receives and reviews the resume, circulates the resume to our 625 Chamber members (and beyond if necessary), and personally emails our relevant contacts to draw their attention to the resume. We do not ask for special treatment, just a “welcome to the community, here’s our process” connection.
Welcome Basket From Your Company
- This tasteful basket of local products says “Welcome” to your recruit as an extension of your company and on-boarding. The basket is delivered to their home by our First Friend Concierge.
- Meets initial move-in needs
- For one month, weekly contact to identify needs and connect them with service providers (ex. utilities, furniture stores, dealerships, etc.)
Engagement Service (Initial)
- Three months after moving in, the First Friend Concierge will meet with to identify interests in the community and provide a connection plan
Engagement Service & Check-Ins (Full Year)
- Three months after moving in, the First Friend Concierge will meet with the client to identify interests in the community and provide a connection plan
- Includes check-ins throughout the year, ensuring they are connecting with the community throughout their first year, leading to a strong retention likelihood
Submit a Candidate / New Hire/ Accompanying Partner!
Use this form. We’ll take it from there.