Tools to Grow Your Business in La Crosse County
Our Synergy Resource Providers
Downtown Mainstreet Inc (DMI)
ensuring ongoing economic development while cultivating a revitalized downtown.
La Crosse County Convention and Visitors Bureau
builds awareness of La Crosse County as a global tourism destination.
La Crosse Area Development Corporation (LADCO)
promotes economic advancement through a triad of development — attraction of industry, retention, and the management of the Coulee Region Business Center (CRBC).
Startup & Growth Programs Including Funding
Small Business Development Center
Through no-cost consulting, low-cost entrepreneurial education, and strategic facilitation, SBDC experts serve as resources for small and emerging mid-size companies.
City of La Crosse Economic Development Dept.
- Small business development loan
- Large scale business assistance program
- Architectural and engineering analysis program
- Upper floor renovation loan
Couleecap Job and Business Development
helps aspiring business owners whose income is at or bleow 185% of the federal poverty income guidelines to turn their business indea into a reality.
- equipment rebates
- energy audits & studies
- new construction & whole buildings and renewable programs
State of Wisconsin
Wisconsin Economic Development Corpration (WEDC)
- Access to capital / funding
- Programs to grow technology companies
- Technology development loans
- Minority business development programs
- Upcoming trade ventures
- Global market opportunities
Tax Incentives – WEDC
- Manufacturing and Agriculture Credit
- Training Grants
Department of Administration (DOA)
Start Your Business
- One Stop Business Registration
- Certification, Licenses and Permits for Health Services
- Site Selection
- WI Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR) Business Resources
- Uniform Commercial Code Resources
- Wisconsin Business Questions Answerline
Fund / Grow Your Business
- Business Lending Financing Products
- Economic Development Programs
- Minority Business Developmoent
- Community Development Programs & Grants
- Wisconsin DOT Economic Development Programs
Tax Incentives – DOR
- Interactive Incentive Finder
- Opportunity zones
- Hiring incentives
Wisconsin Housing & Economic Development Authority (WHEDA)
Business Lending Partnerships
- Business Financing Products
- New Market Credits
Developer & Mangagement
- Tax Credits
- Property Managers
The Export Import Bank (Ex-Im) of the United States
EXIM Bank provides financing solutions – including export credit insurance, working capital guarantees, and guarantees of commercial loans to foreign buyers – to empower exporters of U.S. goods and services. Our products have many uses, so whatever your need EXIM can find a solution that fits.
What can Export Credit Insurance do for your business?
- Protect Against Buyer Nonpayment
- Financing to empower your business to compete more effectively
- Win foreign projects that require bid or performance bonds.
- Sell to Foreign Customers on Credit Terms
- Borrow Against Export-Related Assets
- Finance a Foreign Buyer’s Purchase, and more!
Mississippi River Regional Planning Commission (MRRPC)
- County profile
- Economic base
- Population (projection, age, race)
- Housing trends
- Employment trends
- Top employment
- Poverty trends
- Top 25 employers
- Educational attainment
- Municipal indebtedness
- Real estate equalized values
- Commuting times
- Water treatment facilities
- County map
Census Business Builder
Provides easy access to information about potential customers and similar businesse for those starting or planning a business. Presented as a map. Data includes:
- Demograhics, socialeconomic, and housing data
- Business Data
- Imports and exports data from the International Trade program
- Consumer Spending data
- Farms dats
- Your own data, mapped, with your upload
Parcels, Zoning, Public Land Survey System (PLSS) Elevation maps
Interactive maps with drawing and measuring tools including:
- municipality limits
- tax parcels
- rivers & streams
- zoning history
- conditional use and permit info
- FEMA Flood mpas
Community development studies:
- Large employer housing studies
- Community cost comparisons
- La Crosse housing challenges
- Challenging trends report
Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue Business Development & Goverment Relations (BDGR)
- State labor data
- Economic outlook
- Exporting Info
- State construction projects & bidding
- Becoming a State Vendor
Wisconsin Department of Health Data
- Poverty Status & Health Insurance Coversage – La Crosse County
- Public Health Profiles – La Crosse County
- Wisconsin Birth, Death, Population, Injury Data (WISH data system)
- Wisconsin Local Health Department Survey of Finances and Staffing
La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce
Offering cubicle rental and limited hard-walled office on a short-term or annual basis.
Coulee Region Business Center (CRBC)
Provides facilities, resources, mentoring and coaching to small businesses and entrepreneurs in the La Crosse area. The Center offers shared services and a network of professional assistance, giving entrepreneurs access to a wealth of business knowledge and support services.
La Crosse Area Development Corporation (LADCO)
- Sites & Facilities
- Shovel-ready sites (Golden Shovel)
- Industrial parks
- Commercial land
- Commercial buildings
- Sites & buildings
- Industrial parks
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
Municipal Transit (MTU)
Public transportation around La Crosse, Campbell, portions of Onalaska, and La Crescent.
- Trip Planner
SMRT Bus (Scenic Mississippi Regional Transit)
La Crosse Area Planning Commission (LAPC)
The Metropolitan Planning Organization designated to perform transportation planning activities for the La Crosse and La Crescent Area. The main objectives of the LAPC are to develop and maintain a long-range Metropolitan Transportation Plan and a short-range Transportation Improvement Program, and other regionally significant projects.
Small Business Resources
Check Out the IRS Small Business Self-Employed Tax Center
The IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center provides information on business structure, preparing taxes, filing/paying taxes, stages of owning a business, general topics, and online tools such as videos providing short, informative information on various tax related topics in English, Spanish, and ASL.
IRS YouTube: YouTube.com/irsvideos
IRS YouTube Spanish: YouTube.com/irsvideomultilingua
IRS YouTube ASL: YouTube.com/irsvideosASL
Confused by Environmental Regulations? WE CAN HELP!
Wisconsin’s Small Business Environmental Assistance Program (SBEAP) provides free and confidential assistance to help small businesses proactively understand and comply with environmental requirements.
Any business in Wisconsin with fewer than 100 employees can receive compliance and pollution prevention assistance.
Contact the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program.
dnr.wi.gov (search “small business”)
Are you an Environmental Champion?
Become part of Green Tier, a program that supports your efforts in improving your green bottom line. We work with you to acknowledge your commitment to continual environmental improvement thus enabling your business to be a powerful, sustainable force for Wisconsin. We look forward to workgin together to enhance your productivity, cut your costs and strengthen the health of your community. Dynamic, forward thinking business and cahrter associations are encouraged to apply.
Why participate? Who can participate in Green Tier?
Contact us today!