Leithold Music Sets the Tone for Downtown
About the Building
Frederick Tillman, a German immigrant, and his brother, Wilhelm, started a furniture and upholstery business in La Crosse in 1869. The building was designed by local architects Stoltze and Schick — Romanesque revival style featuring colossal round arches on the upper stories. The building was occupied by Tillmans from 1889 until 1964.
Leithold Music moved into the building on April 27, 1964.