Make the La Crosse Area a better place to do business.
Volunteering with the La Crosse Area Chamber will allow you to gain experience, showcase your talents, raise your profile and improve the La Crosse Area business community, all at the same time.
The La Crosse Area Chamber is always on the lookout for members of the business community that are looking to give back.
- Advocacy Committee
- Business Outreach Committee
- Young Professionals
Ambassadors want to both welcome and celebrate with you. They are volunteers representing fellow businesses who want to connect with you so you feel welcome as you attend events, whether it is Business After Hours, Business Expo, or the Golf Outing. They will greet you as they arrive. They are highly visible by wearing burgundy shirts, so you know how to turn if you have questions.
- Attend ribbon cutting and ground breaking ceremonies, open houses and special Chamber events
- Assist with the registration table at Business After Hours and the Golf Outing
- Other help as needed by the Chamber
How To Become and Ambassador
If you are an outgoing person who is energized by connecting people to other people, you would make a great ambassador.
The group meets one hour before each Business After Hours (i.e. 4:15 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month).Committee Roster
Implements programs that strengthen businesses
- Monthly and special-even education
- Honor Student Banquet (April)
- Community Leadership Program
Identifies issues, develops positions, and advocates to creating a positive business climate.
- Reviews and update the Chamber’s Legislative Agenda
- Communicates the Chamber’s positions to elected officials, members and the media.
- Oversees the annual DC Fly-In to meet with representatives (May)
- Oversees the annual Oktoberfest in the Capitol in which we take our issues to Madison.
- Conduct candidate surveys when appropriate and sponsor/co-sponsor candidate forums, when possible.
- Identify issues, create work groups and formulate a proposal for a Chamber position that will be reviewed by the committee and the Chamber Board.
- Survey the Chamber membership on important community issues that arise,review the results and forward recommended action to the Chamber Board.
- Hold receptions with local elected officials to open the lines of communication between the Chamber and local government units.
Meets the fourth Thursday of every month at 8:00 a.m.Email Vicki
Business Outreach Committee
Goal: build Chamber membership and engagement
- Serve as “eyes and ears” of the Chamber – new businesses, relocation, ownership changes.
- Knowledgeable of Chamber services and communicate value to all members.
- Assist in welcoming new members to the Chamber.
- Perform member engagement outreach.
- Assist with “MaXimize Your Membership” programs.
Meetings are held the third Wednesday of every month at Noon at
The Associated Center, La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce, Associated Bank Conference Room
601 7th Street N., La Crosse, WI 54601