Join Our TeamNow Hiring!
We Want Your Help Growing Our Membership Team!
Our members are so important to us, we’re expanding our team. We’re on the hunt for a Business Outreach Specialist, someone who can reach out and build close relationships with businesses like yours, and connect you to new ideas, support tools and networks. Since this person will be one of your primary outreach contacts, working as a partner with our Business Engagement Specialist at the Chamber, who better to help us find our next rockstar than you, our members?
If you know someone who jumps out of bed to chase after goals in the morning, approaches problems with a ‘how can we make this happen’ attitude, and can connect the needs of businesses with our services from startup to seasoned and from the small to the large, then we want to know about them!
Business Outreach Specialist
Connect. Grow. Advocate. with the Chamber
- Selling solutions to businesses in La Crosse and opportunities that support our members’ business growth
- Supporting businesses to be more successful, and especially helping them grow, is the core mission of the Chamber of Commerce.
What it looks like for you
- You will develop an action plan to target businesses that fit within the Chamber’s overall strategy and are in need of the products and services the Chamber provides. Based on your conversations with potential members, you offer recommendations to solve issues. This starts with the right membership level for their needs and can grow to include a customized advertising schedule, attendance at an upcoming event and enrollment in one of our discounted partner benefit programs.
You are plugged in to the La Crosse Area’s business scene; highly news-literate and current affairs oriented, with a finger on the pulse of key business issues. You leverage your business knowledge to relate to business owners and corporations within the county to satisfy your desire to close sales.
- Seek new businesses for membership, and within the first year, connect them with advertising, sponsorships, programming and discount benefits
- Close sales to meet monthly sales targets
- Provide solutions and answer questions from prospects in a timely manner
- Stay current with business trends, issues, and needs to understand how the Chamber’s value proposition can help businesses be more successful
- Prepare sales reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Accurately maintain prospect and member data in our CRM / database
- Participate in tradeshows and networking events
- Attend and support Chamber events such as Business After Hours, ribbon cutting ceremonies and member welcome receptions
- Surprise and delight: bring new thinking, and never-before-seen ideas to the table
- Education: University degree in business, hospitality, tourism, marketing or another relevant field
- Experience: 3-5 years of B2B sales experience, volunteer experience
- Proven ability to close sales and meet or exceed sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, and close the sale (even when it seemed impossible)
- Determination to support the team, even when it seems like it is not part of the job description
- Experience selling services and experiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiatives and results, and ownership of work
- High degree of accountability
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude, with the ability to maintain grace under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work early mornings and some evenings
The Chamber Offers
- A non-profit environment, supporting big-profit ideas
- A competitive compensation package that promotes goal achievement
- Health, dental benefits, short-term and long-term disability, great time off, and retirement contributions
A Day in the Life of Our Business Outreach Specialist
To ApplyEmail Your Resume to: