Business Outreach Committee
Business Outreach Committee Tools
Oversees the Chamber’s membership strategies including recruiting and on-boarding new members in addition to membership retention/engagement.
Below is a link to an up to date list of active committee members
Duties of the Business Outreach Committee
- Serve as “eyes and ears” of the Chamber – new businesses, relocation, ownership changes.
- Knowledgeable of Chamber services and communicate value to all members.
- Understand the “quadrants” (different types of members) and what they are seeking in Chamber membership.
- Assist in welcoming new members to the Chamber.
- Perform member engagement outreach (phone or in person) focused on retention.
- Attend monthly committee meetings.
- Help commemorate “milestones” in Chamber membership.
- Offer input on Chamber programming.
- Understand Chamber dues structure.
- Attend ribbon cuttings when available.
- Assist with new member orientation / membership value sessions.
Business Outreach Committee Goals
- Reach a XX % member retention rate
- Recruit and welcome new (and returning) members to the Chamber
- Educate members on value of membership (not just events)