Applications to open June 15 for $75 million We’re All In Small Business Grants
WEDC will provide $2,500 grant to 30,000 businesses statewide
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) will begin accepting applications online for the $75 million We’re All In Small Business Grant (WSBG) program beginning at 8 a.m. on June 15, WEDC officials announced today.
The program, which will provide $2,500 grants to 30,000 small businesses, is designed to help small businesses get back on their feet amid the COVID-19 pandemic while also encouraging them to adopt best practices to keep employees, customers, and communities safe.
A business may apply for the We’re All In Small Business Grant if it:
- Was in business in February 2020. Businesses that started in 2020 are not eligible;
- Is Wisconsin-based and for-profit;
- Employs 20 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, including the owner; and
- Has more than $0 but less than $1 million in annual revenues.
Businesses will not be eligible for the grants if they are:
- Part of a national chain, unless the business is a third-party franchise;
- Industries covered by other Wisconsin CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund programs are ineligible for this program. These are:
- Crop Production
- Animal Production or Aquaculture
- Lessors of Residential Buildings and Dwellings (doa.wi.gov/Pages/LocalGovtsGrants/COVID-Grants)