The greatest email ever written.
That’s what I hit send on this morning. It was beautiful, it was funny, it was engaging — so much so that when I hit send, I apparently broke the internet. I’ve learned it didn’t go. Lesson for today: stick these on the website, not all in my email. Done!
As always, you can find everything here: https://www.lacrossechamber.com/lacrosse-covid-update/
- 3:00 PM Today Chamber Chat with Wipfli on the Family & Medical Leave Act Changes for Small Businesses
register here >>
- Federal Government Passes COVID Stimulus Plan. Details coming today. More info>>
- “Safter at Home” and Essential Businesses guidelines from Wisconsin Commerce (WEDC) Secretary Missy Hughes More info >>
- NOTE: you do not need to provide a note to your employees. That’s only required under Marshall law (but it can’t hurt)
- Governor issues FAQ on Essential Businesses here >>
- Trane paves the path for how to handle a positive COVID employee More info >>
- SBA is flooded with applications for loans. Be patient.
- La Crosse County now has 10 confirmed COVID Cases.
- State legislature prepares for a virtual session to address COVID-19 here >>
- RECORDED YESTERDAY : WEDC Webinar on funding available here >>
- Are you open? Hiring? When who is open is clear as mud and our workforce is shifting to those “essential”, there’s two things to do:
- Fill our our form. You’ll be listed as open so businesses wanting to connect with you know you’re open (and taking new customers?).
- The same form lets us know you’re hiring. We’ll be posting hiring companies on social media with a public campaign to connect those seeking work to you.
- TELL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PERSON: use #JobsInLaCrosse on your *hiring* posts. It will make it easier for us to share these out
- Facebook Jobs Page Launched. Again, the goal is to be the central connection between companies hiring and the public.
- MAKE YOUR HIRING PERSON AWARE of the page here >>
- Fees for Wisconsin Parks Waived. More info >>
- Mayo Clinic Pharmacy offers curbside pickup More info >>
- Higher COVID Test Production as FEMA (emergency management) enacts the Defense Production Act More info >>
- Wisconsin Job Centers Close More info >>
- Blood Needed. Still allowed under “Safer at Home” More info >>
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration gives $500k to COVID Assistance: These women started what is now Mayo Clinic and Viterbo. They keep on giving as an inspiration to us all. More info >>