Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC) Hosted Michael Best on COVID-19 & HR
Highights we captured:
- NOTE FROM THE CHAMBER: The La Crosse County Health Dept. has not asked employers to ask for notes on COVID. If someone test positive, the Health Dept. will let you know.
- You can take the temperature of an employee if you suspect they are a “direct threat” to the health & safety of others. This is very easy to satisfy.
- It cannot be done by a direct supervisor of the employee
- The testing must have some confidentiality to it.
- Not in front of other employees
- Other employees awareness should be minimized that they are going home.
- Is staying home themselves or a child sick a Family & Medical Leave Act condition?
- Unclear at the time of testing – was needing an amendment to the FMLA
- They need COVID to be considered a “serious health condition”
- [under construction. This is saving as we are viewing]