Subject: Corona Virus Immediate action required, please read now
Good Morning Everyone,
The following is The Parenting Place’s response to the influenza season and the growing presence of Coronavirus in the US.
First, be vigilant about following our existing policies:
- If you are sick with flu like symptoms (especially fever) stay home until you have been fever free for 48 hours. If extended illness and able to be productive, work with your supervisor about tasks that could be done from home to make up a portion of missed hours.
- Do not visit participants is they or anyone in their household is sick. You are expected to reschedule the visit/appointment after the home/environment is symptom free for 48 hours.
- Wipe down tables and chairs after using a room for training or meeting one on one with anyone (even a co-worker).
New procedures to follow:
- Effective this week all children will wash their hands before entering any of our children’s rooms. Supervisors will be working with staff about strategies for implementation. This is a best practice for the child care world that we will implement until the virus season runs its course.
- After you spend time off-site please wash your hands. Today Nancy is ordering hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes for all staff. Please carry them with you and use appropriately.
- Inform your participants of our precautions to stay healthy; encourage them to stay home if they or their children are sick and inform them that you will cancel a visit if you are sick or anyone in their home is sick.
[Team Member Name] is making signs for our building entrances and will do a Facebook post. He will also make smaller versions for you to have with you and distribute.
Early Care and Education Department will be sending precaution information to all child care businesses in our SDA.
And remember the best precautions you can take are in your control:
- Wash your hands
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, mouth
- Stay away from sick people
Here is a link to the Centers for Disease Control with community information.
Post expires at 6:31am on Tuesday August 18th, 2020