Workforce is the number one challenge Sen. Nancy VanderMeer (R-Tomah)’s district faces. The La Crosse Area Chamber’s CEO Vicki Markussen heard Sen. VanderMeer’s remarks at the Advocacy Day for the Wisconsin Economic Development Association.
VanderMeer is one of 25 legislators involved in a Rural Wisconsin Initiative focusing on policies impacting:
K-12 system growing workers for rural area
- Technical Colleges are a vital lifeline – 75% of the jobs we have now can be achieved through a technical colleges. Nimble.
- She was at the Consumer Electronics Show and heard Ivanka Trump who spoke of workforce:
- Businesses need to lead
- Apprenticeships need to be utilized
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) need to be pursued degrees by students
- We need to adapt our current workforce