- Social: is it something people can lean on
- Economic: does it provide stability
- Environmental: don’t pollute our nest
La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat, La Crosse City Planner Jason Gilman, and Onalaska Mayor Joe Chilsen spoke to our Young Professionals group on leadership in 2017. Here’s what we heard them say on their methods and the foundations to their leadership.
Leave a place better than how you found it Tim Kabat
[on collaboration] I ask, “How is this for the greater good?” Joe Chilsen
Look to the triple bottom line:
Our job is to make lives better. We need a network to make things better. Joe Chilsen
You have a moral obligation to make people’s lives better. You have a moral obligation to find the truth. Joe Chilsen
[on disagreeing with the public] A city’s plan is the public’s. Jason Gilman
[on how to treat people] “Dancing with the Holy One”: I never know if the person I am interacting with is Jesus. Joe Chilsen
You can’t be a planner and not care. You need emotional intelligence. You need to know how to turn something positive. Jason Gilman
Mobilize all resources. Get more engaged in social issues. Seize opportunities with the economy. Leverage. Spend money on concrete items because it makes an impact on the economy. Tim Kabat
Live by the Golden Rule: treat others the way you want to be treated. Tim Kabat
I am at my best when someone is at their worst Joe Chilsen
- 01/20/2021 - 2021 Propel Women's Circles (monthly)Propel Women's Circles is about women helping women reach for opportunities without hesitation. Each Propel Circle consists of no more than 8 women who come together monthly for 60 - 90 minutes to grow confidence, learn new skills, challenge one another, celebrate, and advance together. Led by an experienced female business leader, each circle determines […]
- 01/20/2021 - Young Professionals Education: How to Lead Well RemotelyJanuary's education opportunity will feature Jason Lassen from American Family Insurance, Jason Lassen Agency, Inc. Jason will be discussing how to lead a team remotely and keep everyone motivated and efficient from home.
- 02/08/2021 - The Forum Online: State Budget & UpdatesFor this month's Forum Online, we'll be joined by our state legislators for updates from Madison including details on our state budget and how it impacts your business and our area's economy.
- 03/01/2021 - The Forum Online featuring La Crosse Mayoral CandidatesFor this month's Forum Online, we'll be joined La Crosse's mayoral candidates for an opportunity to hear their stances on business issues and have them answer your most pressing questions.
- 03/08/2021 - Annual Meeting 2021 (153rd)Save the Date for this year's Annual Meeting! Details, award recipients, and more coming soon.