Area business professionals gather for networking event
By Mackenzie Amundsen, Multi-Media Journalist
Posted: Aug 10, 2017 10:14 PM CDTUpdated: Aug 24, 2017 10:14 PM CDT
La Crosse, WI (WXOW) –It was work and play on Thursday night at the La Crosse Regional Airport.
The airport and Colgan Air Services were selected to host the monthly ‘Business after Hours’ with the La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce. The networking event is a chance for local businesses to showcase their work while having some fun.
Kelly Colgan with Colgan Air Services said the event brings out the similarities of business professionals from different industries.
“It’s an excellent opportunity to make connections with people from different industries that you might not think you have a potential partnership with or even just to exchange ideas and challenges that you’re experiencing,” Colgan said. “So, it’s just nice to meet those who are working in the community.”
La Crosse Regional Airport Director, Clint Torp, said the airport is often a gateway into city. He hopes business leaders left Thursday night’s event with a deeper appreciation for the services and facilities the airport has to offer.
- 10/01/2020 - Young Professionals Fall FestWe're all itching to get out again and see our old Young Professional friends, but also a little concerned about what reconnecting will look like. Well we have an answer! Join us for the Young Professionals Fall Fest Social (possibly our first annual if all goes well). We will be set up in the Chamber […]
- 10/07/2020 - Oktoberfest in the Capitol 2020Take Our La Crosse Area Issues to Madison Wednesday, October 7 Every October a group of local businesses, led by the La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce, shares the voice and concerns of the La Crosse Area with our state elected officials. Join us for this year's virtual event, on Wednesday, October 7, to talk with our leaders […]
- 10/12/2020 - Virtual Candidate Forum for Federal CandidatesPlease register using this link https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9rJy-j0ZRMOYSfuFHIl2pQ
- 10/14/2020 - Virtual Lunch & Learn: Your Personal Brand Will Lead You to SuccessYour Personal Brand Will Lead You to Success “It’s not what you, it’s not who you know, it's…” Do people know you? Do they know who you are? Do they know what you’re all about? Your personal brand matters for your personal and professional success. This month's virtual lunch-and-learn focuses on creating and […]
- 10/15/2020 - Leadercast 2020 Ripple EffectAmplify Your Leadership Impact at Leadercast 2020 Ripple Effect One small action leads to an impact that reverberates through space and time. This is the ripple effect of great leaders who act with the knowledge that their decisions will influence those far beyond their network. At this year's digital leadership conference, we will discover how […]
- 10/20/2020 - La Crosse Area Community Leadership 2020-2021The La Crosse Area Community Leadership Program is unlike any other leadership program you have experienced and is guaranteed to provide greater insight and value into the community in which you live. As a member of the 2020-21 La Crosse Area Community Leadership class, you will: Gain an understanding of Greater La Crosse and the […]
- 10/22/2020 - Servant Leadership Program: Fall 2020Servant Leadership This philosophy and set of practices enriches the lives of individuals, builds better organizations and ultimately creates a more just community and a caring world by teaching how to lead others well. Our fall session, starting October 22, runs for four half-day sessions, facilitated by renowned servant-leadership expert from Viterbo University, Tom Thibodeau. Learn […]